Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My first blog....

One moment happened recently while bowling with my mom and aunt Sharon. My aunt Sharon informed me that she had bought a new Bible. Since the passing of my grandmother my family as a whole have made an effort to attend church. Some of the family had already attended regularly and some had not gone in years and maybe some had never really been to church.  This is a wonderful thing. Peace only comes thru the Father and when you finally decide to let Him have control, you find a peace you have never known. This is something they desperately needed. Losing your parent has got to be one of the toughest things to go thru and no earthly thing can take that pain away.

In high school my senior superlative was “Best Christian Testimony”. I was so on fire for God. I loved going to church and being around other believers (mostly my youth group). What a fantastic part of my life! Somewhere between high school graduation and coming home from my failed attempt at college I lost my way. I have been in and out of church and have tried to find my feet again, but admittedly I am struggling with it. I said that to say this, when my aunt Sharon told me she bought a Bible it sparked an idea.
           
I asked my mother and Aunt Sharon if they wanted to start doing scripture readings once a week. We would pick a Bible verse, write it down and describe what that verse means to us and can we relate that to our daily lives. I suggested starting with Proverbs and Corinthians. I believe that is a good place to start. At this very moment no one knows that I have started this blog. My goal for a weekly blog is to incorporate this idea. This also helps with my question #2 “Do I have anything to say”. I encourage all my family members and friends that I invite to this blog to join with me in this conversation.
           
            As the thought of making a family crosses my mind, I want to make sure I am ready to set the best possible example I can.  I believe this blog is one step closer to getting me there.

Bible Passage of the week:

John 3: 15-17

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.


Yes I chose a Bible verse that many people know. To me, there is no more powerful verse than this. Take the time to think about this, even if God knew that only you would believe in Jesus and accept him to provide you with eternal life, He still would have sent his Son to die on the cross for only you. I said those words to my mother on Monday and tears came to her eyes. Some people do not feel “worthy” of love. Christ died for Kelli Nichole Jolly. Apply that to your name …

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You started a blog! I am so excited...and to be honest, it makes me want to be more diligent in my own posting (like getting the cow pictures back up). I think one Friday (that you don't have softball, bowling, or volleyball) you should come out to the house with the pups and we can do some blogging together...or drink wine.

    ReplyDelete