Wednesday, May 20, 2015

It was then that I carried you

Waiting...That's what I'm doing. Just waiting. No news, no feelings of excitement, no feelings of doubt. I keep thinking if I were pregnant I should feel something, and I don't. But I guess that doesn't always mean I'm not pregnant. I'm trying this time to not stress about it and just let the days go by without worrying.

I do have some news but not my own, I recently wrote about the pregnancy announcement from my brother and sister in law. I received a phone call last week that they had lost the baby. I was speechless. I can't imagine the pain they are going thru. I also can't put into words the sorrow that surrounds this tragedy.  If you all could keep them in your prayers, that would be truly appreciated!

I didn't have the right words to say, I didn't have many words to say really. I tried to think of something that would help my family, and in doing that I also found something that helped me. I was reminded of the prayer "footprints in the sand".

"One night I had a dream...

I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of my life flashed before us, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life, There was only one set of footprints.

I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, You would walk with me all the way; But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, There is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why in times when I needed you the most, you should leave me.

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you, and I would never, never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

We may not see it now, but the Lord is carrying us. And I can at least take comfort in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment