Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Re Blog

So... this is my first re-blog. I haven't written in awhile because frankly, I have nothing to report. After another failed month I started Clomid on Monday. I had been following Elisha at waiting for baby bird for some time now, when I came across her latest post. As I read line by line, my eyes filled with tears. Here are the words I wish I could say, what I wish people knew about me and my struggle.

original post by Elisha at waiting for baby bird




Infertility is More than Just the Inability to Conceive…


Infertility is more than just the inability to conceive (bear)
I am not sure if you are new to infertility or if you have been traveling this journey for months or even years.  But I think we can all agree that it is tough.  Really tough.  And when I began walking this road, I wasn’t prepared. Were you?  Because for me, I was naive.  I thought infertility was simply the inability to conceive after one year of actively trying. And rightfully so. Because isn’t that the definition? But ask me now?  Four years after leaving my doctor’s office numb and confused?  And then going through several failed treatment cycles and a miscarriage?  And I will quickly tell you that the definition Google search gave me years ago, is not even close to being accurate. And maybe you feel the same.  Because infertility, when you break it down, is so much more than just the inability to conceive…Because I have learned it is also a series of losses that you are forced to grieve month after month. Original post

No comments:

Post a Comment