Friday, June 19, 2015

Put In Bay, OH

For my 30th birthday, my sweet husband surprised me with a trip to Gatlinburg, TN. We had such a good time! From that moment on, I knew I had to do something equally as cool for him. (Yes I'm a year older than him, he calls me his cougar! Not fair!) I started looking into cool places that neither of us had visited, and in a random search I found Put In Bay an island on lake Erie. How cool is that?! I had no idea lake Erie had islands! I was so proud of myself for finding such a cool place to go. I booked a bed and breakfast called "The Getaway in at Coopers Woods" This place was AMAZING!. I called his boss and secretly asked for time off for my hubs. I wanted it to be a surprise!

About a week before we were to leave, on our wedding anniversary, I just bust at the seams and told  him he would not be going to work on Friday or Monday. He asked "why?!". I told him it was a secret LOL! Two days of him listing off all these places he thinks we may be going, I suggested a game. I would only answer yes and no questions. Thirty minutes later he was confused! i was enjoying every minute if it! I finally caved and told him where we were going. (I'm terrible at keeping secrets from him, so just know if you tell me something, he knows also! Whoops!)

We left first thing Friday, May, 29th and headed to Port Clinton, OH to board the ferry that would take us to the island.  It was then I told him we would not be taking my car across, that we would be riding bikes or golf carts around this 4 mile long and 3 mile wide island. FUN! The ferry ride was really cool! Here are some pics from our trip! It rained some of the rip but we didn't mind, we love just being with each other... most of the time LOL jk jk






Kayak the Bay!

Perry's Peace Monument (dedicated to the War of 1812)

HA! the water was so clear and beautiful! 
Fish Kiss

The biggest fish I have ever caught!
Date night!

Our Favorite Restaurant!
The Boardwalk


















My happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment