Thursday, April 9, 2015

Teddy is talking to me

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a HUGE UofL fan. One of my all time favorite football players to come out of UofL is Teddy Bridgewater. He is kind, generous, gracious and one heck of a quarterback! He is the type of player you want representing your school/organization. Teddy went on to become a Minnesota Viking after college. He was the last pick of the first round of the draft. Luckily for me, my dad has been a Vikings fan ever since I can remember, so of course I jumped on that band wagon!

Monday, April 6th I log onto Twitter and the first tweet I see is from Teddy Bridgewater. The Tweet reads "That delay you're experiencing doesn't mean denial. Keep the faith!". Uhm did Teddy just write that for me? Have you ever been in church and you seriously think your pastor is talking directly to you? That is what this felt like. Teddy knew my pain, my struggle and he was telling me to "keep the faith". I guess you could call me a superstitious person, but I like to think everything happens for a reason (except when people tell me that I will have a baby when the timing is right or that it will happen when it's supposed to. That drives me bonkers!). I took his words and thought that maybe, just maybe God sent those words to him to encourage me.

Yesterday I am scrolling through Twitter when I come across another Tweet from Teddy. The tweet reads "A breakthrough is coming your way.. Have a blessed day!". WHAT! Stop it! I run over to my friends office and I yell "Teddy is talking to me!". Thankfully she knows me and she knows how I operate. I think of everything as a sign, I wish I didn't but at this point that's how my faith works right now. Seeing signs makes me feel like God is talking to me. My mind is so restless these days I'm having trouble being quiet and listening for God's advice. Growing in faith kind of reminds me of food. Stay with me. When your down on your faith and your struggling to be positive, its easier to chew on softer, easier to digest scripture. God knows my heart and He knows I need a little help right now being positive. It's hard for me, and after last week, God knew I needed a little pep talk. I believe God provided that pep talk form Teddy Bridgewater.

So this week has most definitely been a better than last week! And I lost another 2.4 lbs! That's 8.4 lbs. total in two weeks! I'm kicking fats butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment