Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Why does it have to pour when it rains?

This week is national infertility week. One in eight couples suffer from infertility, and the slogan is "you are not alone".  Then why do I feel so completely and utterly alone? I know women suffering from infertility and I still feel alone. I read your blogs, I hear your stories, I see your words of encouragement and I still feel alone.

My cd12 appt was yesterday, and it didn't go as well as I'd hope. I took 10 mg of letrozole coupled with estrogen patches and I still only produced two decent sized follicles both under 14 mm. And my lining was thinner than it ever has been before due to this increased dose of letrozole. I take the "growth" shots tomorrow and Thursday and then go back in on Thursday to check everything, if all looks good we will have an IUI on Friday. When I left the Dr. office I just felt defeated. I was really hoping for 3 good sized follicles and that didn't happen.

I go home, change clothes and head out for bowling. We were bowling for the number 1 spot. We lost. I wasn't too sad about that because bowling isn't my strong suit. But it was the last time I would bowl with my mother and aunt. They both have decided to give up bowling.

The drive home was odd, I was trying to be positive, I was trying to convince myself everything was going to be OK. I get home, plop down on the couch and turn on my show that I had recorded and then my brother in law calls. I answer and he is asking me if we are coming to visit this weekend (they live 3 hours away)and we talked a little about a wedding we are going to in Chicago in June. He said he has called my hubby but he did not answer. He then asked me to have Brad give him a call when he was free.

I hollered to my hubby to let him know to call his brother. About 5 minutes later Brad comes walking down the hall with a defeated face and with my brother in law on speaker phone... I knew right away what I was about to hear. I wanted to run away. I wanted to grab my keys and just leave! But I didn't move. My brother in law told us he knew our struggles and he wanted to approach this delicately but they were expecting baby #2. It started to pour, not the rain but the tears from my eyes. I tell them how happy I am for them (but they could never imagine the pain and sorrow I felt). When the call finally ended, I buried my face into my hands and I just sobbed. The hardest thing is being happy for someone else but so heartbroken for yourself.

Today my face is swollen as I sit here typing out my feelings. My heart is broken and my spirit is crushed. I know if God brings me to it he will see me thru it but this time.. this time I just don't know. This feels like rock bottom. I told my hubby I wanted to give up last night and part of me still means that. I want to be a mother more than anything in life and that same desire is causing the most pain I have ever felt. I feel so alone. I'm 1 in 8 and today I'm not OK, I'm not strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment